We are so excited to announce that registration is open for our brand new Martha Pullen Online Licensing course: Teaching Beginning Sewing II. The course will run Nov. 15, 2015 – May 1, 2016 and is taught by Kathy McMakin, Peggy Dilbone, Alicia Welcher, Connie Palmer, Pam Mahshie and Charlotte Potter.
Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing courses blend the love of sewing with skill-building and business opportunity. Do you have to teach if you become a Martha Pullen Licensed Teacher? No – we have many licensed teachers who don’t plan to teach. Whether you want to teach or not, this licensing course just might be for you.
With over 30 projects to download and videos to support the project instructions, our Teaching Beginning Sewing II Online Licensing course will help you hone your beginning sewing and teaching skills, all in the comfort of your own home. The projects in the curriculum range from quilting and home decorating to garment construction and bag making. This curriculum even has projects that are perfect for teaching children and teens! There is no prerequisite for this licensing course – Roman numerals in a licensing title merely indicate the collection of curriculum. Even though you will receive over 30 projects in this course, you will only need to complete seven to receive your licensing certificate. You will have licensing privileges from the day you receive your license, meaning that you can either make the projects for sale without limit or, if you are teaching, you can make as many copies of the project instructions as you need for your students.
What does this course include?
- Great how-to videos on techniques and projects (remain on the site for 2 years)
- Round table discussion – class and kit pricing suggestions
- Business ideas from Martha Pullen – where to teach, advertising yourself and promoting classes. These videos will remain on the site for two years
- Teaching methods for all student types
- Tips on how to improve your teaching skills
- Over 30 project handouts for you to download and teach
- A comprehensive look at sewing machines
- Martha’s Beginning Sewing Notebook – contains almost every beginning sewing technique imaginable!
- Special notions that make even the most difficult sewing techniques easier
- Additional sewing machine feet and attachments
- Installing zippers in various ways
- Creating and attaching piping
- Quilting basics
- Plus much more!
- Upon completion – receive a personalized Beginning 2 licensing graduation certificate, signed by Martha Pullen. Plus receive the Martha Pullen teacher licensing logo for your website or business card as well as a digitized version of the teacher licensing logo.
Visit our Martha Pullen Online Licensing site to register and learn more about Teaching Beginning Sewing II! On the site, you can view the course outline, get to know our talented teachers, learn about the curriculum and even read testimonials from others who have taken our online licensing courses.