We’re heading to Lakeland, Fla. this March for our first live event of 2016: the School of Art Fashion Boutique! You can choose from taking five different course offerings at the event – four School of Art Fashion schools will be offered as well as our first ever Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing EXPRESS: Serger III, which gives you the opportunity to complete your licensing in person in fewer days than a regular live licensing. Let’s take a closer look at all these courses – whether you want to improve your sewing or embroidery techniques, learn how to sew clothes that fit perfectly, create a special heirloom for a little one or become a licensed Martha Pullen teacher, there’s a perfect course for everyone:
• Precision Sewing for Fashion: All the Essential Details with Cynthia Guffey – Build a toolbox of precision methods as you create a sewing reference notebook. Covering some of the most common details encountered in fashion sewing, Cynthia will build from the essential basics as she teaches you her expert construction methods. You’ll leave with a completed notebook of samples, directions, three instructional DVDs of your choice and the satisfaction of having learned skills you’ll use the next time – and every time – you sew.
• Design and Fit from Top to Bottom with Judy Kessinger and Joe Vecchiarelli – Join expert fitters and designers Joe Vecchiarelli and Judy Kessinger as you explore using dress forms and flat patterns together for designing and expert fit. You’ll learn how to create your “body double” on a dress form, sew with top and pants patterns designed for your exact body measurements and more. You’ll discover how to make style changes to your top, including adapting for knits and wovens, converting princess lines to dartsand tweaking fit as you sew. Plus you’ll take home all sorts of equipment and goodies to help you use the skills you’ve learned to sew garments at home.
• Royal Confections: All the Proper Details with Connie Palmer – This was one of our most popular classes at our last School of Art Fashion Boutique, and it’s no wonder why – the project Connie designed for this school in an heirloom masterpiece! This design can be made as a christening gown or a dress (sizes 1-4) fit for a little princess. You’ll work with pristine white 100 percent cotton Swiss batiste and the finest French laces and trims as you sew this exquisite design, all while learning Connie’s expert construction techniques.
• Sulky Embroidery Zen II with Sue Hausmann and Ellen Osten – Expand upon your machine embroidery skills with renowned teachers Sue Hausmann and Ellen Osten. You’ll complete a collection of specially curated projects, each of which has been designed to highlight different embroidery techniques. Your finished projects will include a Market Tote, Butterfly Jewelry Round, Folding Flower Tote, Scissors Holder, Applique Pocket, Personalized Gift Towels and more. You’ll take home an “embroidery tool box” binder filled with project instructions, tips, techniques and reference materials. Plus, you’ll get all the designs used to complete your projects as well as some bonus designs!
• Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing EXPRESS: Serger III with me and Alicia Welcher – Join me and Alicia Welcher as we present the Serger III curriculum for the first time as Serger III EXPRESS. You’ll spend your time with us at the serger using beautiful kits and learning the best techniques and tricks while having more fun than you can ever imagine! It all culminates in a Martha Pullen teacher’s license which gives you joint ownership to this fabulous serger curriculum, meaning that you can either make and sell the projects without limit or, if you are teaching, you can make as many copies of the project instructions as you need for teaching your students. Can you attend a licensing even if you don’t want to teach? Of course – we have many who attend just for the fun and wonderful projects. And don’t worry if you haven’t taken Serger I or II – they are not prerequisites! The roman numeral in the title simply indicates the curriculum, since projects in each licensing collection are unique to that particular licensing.
What is the difference between Licensing and Licensing EXPRESS? The EXPRESS version is designed to give you the whole licensing curriculum, along with the experience of a face-to-face retreat, in a shortened time frame. The Serger III curriculum includes over 25 projects with 14 specifically selected Martha Pullen-style kits for you to serge during your time with us. As with all our live licensings, you won’t complete all kits while we’re together, but you will gain the essential knowledge to finish each and every project in the curriculum. And, as a Serger III licensed teacher, you will be given the opportunity to order the kits not included in this EXPRESS curriculum with special licensing pricing.
The Lakeland School of Art Fashion Boutique will be held March 14-16, with the Serger III Licensing EXPRESS extending to March 17. As part of your retreat experience, you’ll also enjoy a VIP general admission three-day pass to the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, which will be held immediately after the School of Art Fashion Boutique in the same venue on March 17-19. Visit our Martha Pullen Live Events site to learn more or register!
We pray for the men and women serving our nation in harm’s way, and for all of you.
Much Love to You All & May God Bless,