We are just a couple months away from our next live and in-person teacher licensing event, “The Perfect Mix: Sew, Serge and Embellish.” The event will be held July 21-26 in Palm Harbor, FL at the beautiful Innisbrook Resort, and we would love to have you join us! This sewing retreat will help you enhance your sewing skills and provide you with a ready-to-teach curriculum of 20+ projects. Plan on discovering and perfecting an entire collection of sewing tips, tricks and extraordinary techniques throughout the week with nationally recognized educators Peggy Dilbone, Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Martha Pullen and Alicia Welcher.
Upon completion of the course, you will co-own the copyright to the class curriculum along with Martha Pullen Company. This means you can either make the projects for sale without limit, or, if you are teaching, you can copy the project instructions as needed for your students. Only students licensed for that curriculum can sell or teach these special projects. You do not have to teach if you become a Martha Pullen Licensed Teacher – we have many people who join our licensing programs with no plans to start a business, but an intense desire to gain in-depth sewing information and take home limited edition patterns and projects.
At The Perfect Mix licensing event you will:
- Take home 20 beautiful kits plus several bonus sets of instructions and patterns. That’s nearly two dozen projects that you can use to teach classes, make for resale, enjoy for personal use or give as gifts.
- Receive exclusive embroidery designs files in all formats. These designs can also be used in your own classroom!
- Learn to work with different fabric types, laces and trims to create dreamy, vintage-look projects. Master beginning to advanced sewing and serging techniques from piecing to shaping trims, working with insertions and entredeux, creating ruffles and more.
- Apply the techniques you learn to garments for babies, children, dolls and adults, and incorporate these versatile techniques into home décor, fashion accessories, purses, totes and organization/storage projects.
- Create a beautiful display quilt that secretly incorporates the many techniques you’ve learned. Sew an amazing christening gown or matching first communion dress, baby ensembles for both boys and girls, a child’s dress with matching doll dress, decorator pillows, totes, a backpack and more!
- Discover a variety of new uses for your specialty sewing machine and serger feet and accessories, such as gathering, piping, puffing, pintucks and binding.
- Experience specialty techniques using two very unique machines, the embellisher and the Sashiko. The embellisher is a needle-felting machine that creates incredible detail and texture using absolutely no thread. Sashiko replicates a stunning hand-stitched look that can be added to any project – truly amazing!
- Gain knowledge, tips and tricks for machine embroidery in many areas; appliqué, surface design and free-standing motifs, just to mention a few.
- Sew using your own sewing machine or borrow one for classroom use.