It’s back! We are so excited to announce that registration is now open for our Serger I Online Licensing course. This online serger course will run Aug. 31, 2015 through Jan. 31, 2016 and is taught by expert instructors Kathy McMakin, Peggy Dilbone, Alicia Welcher, Connie Palmer and Charlotte Potter.
Licensing is a unique experience that blends the love of sewing and serging with skill-building and business opportunity. Whether you want to teach or not, this online course just might be for you. With over 20 projects to download and videos to support the project instructions, Serger I Online Licensing will help you hone your serger talents and teaching skills – all in the comfort of your own home. The projects range from quilting and home decorating to totes and garment construction for baby, children and ladies. A cover stitch serger is not required to complete the required projects and techniques for Serger I. This course will prepare you to give instruction on how to thread, identify parts and settings used for general serging methods, master tips and tricks for specialty serging techniques and use additional feet. In addition to all this, serger licensing will include for you a tried-and-true curriculum of over 20 fabulous serger projects.
This Course Includes:
- Great how-to videos on techniques and projects (remain on the site for 2 years)
- Round table discussion – class and kit pricing suggestions
- Business ideas from Martha Pullen – where to teach, advertising yourself and promoting classes. These videos will remain on the site for two years.
- A comprehensive look at sergers – how they work, threading, tensions, differential feed, and more.
- Serger basics – tying on, tying off; inside and outside curves; inside and outside corners and 1/4” seams with both 3- and 4-thread overlock.
- Over 20 project handouts for you to download and teach
- Tips on how to improve your teaching skills
- Special notions that make even the most difficult serging techniques easier
- Teaching methods for all student types
- Installing zippers with your serger
- Creating and attaching piping
- Serger piecing and quilting basics
- Additional attachments
- Plus much more!
- Upon completion – receive a personalized Serger I licensing graduation certificate, signed by Martha Pullen. Plus receive the Martha Pullen teacher licensing logo for your website or business card as well as a digitized version of the teacher licensing logo.
Click here to register and learn more about the Serger I online course. On the site, you can view the course outline, read about the projects, get to know our expert instructors and read testimonials!