Registration is now open for Martha Pullen’s September School of Art Fashion Boutique! The event will be held in Fredericksburg, VA Sept. 28-30 at the Fredericksburg Expo and Conference Center. Sign up for the School of your choice, where you’ll sew with your teacher for the full two-and-a-half day duration of the event. We have five great classes you can choose from (click on the names to learn more about each one):
- Missy Billingsley’s Organize Me! Embroidery School
- Cynthia Guffey’s Contemporary Tailoring School
- Linda Lee’s Knit Ensemble School
- Kathy McMakin’s I Love My Serger School
- Connie Palmer’s Royal Confections School: All the Proper Details
Martha Pullen herself will be on hand at the event, plus you’ll receive a VIP general admission 3-day pass to the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, which will be held immediately following the SOAF Boutique on Oct. 1-3.
Your ticket will bring you into the Reception and Welcome on Monday, and includes all the activities and fun on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning as well. Here’s how it will work:
Monday, September 28: Arrive in time for a warm welcome at 4 p.m. on Monday, complete with a little nosh to give you energy for your first night of class. Then, by 4:30, you’ll be in your classroom getting started with your teacher. Class will end at 7:30 p.m. Monday, so you’ll be fresh and rested for Tuesday.
Tuesday, September 29: Classroom is in session 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with a break for lunch. Optional “open sew” from 6 – 8 p.m.
Wednesday, September 30: Classroom is in session 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., with a break for lunch. Special photo opp with Martha Pullen available in the afternoon. Relax and have fun with Martha from 4:30 – 6 p.m. as she shares “Vintage Clothes and ‘The Stories’ – Martha Style” and signs your photograph. Light refreshments included.
Thursday, October 1: You are invited as our VIP guests to two special events on Thursday morning, prior to the opening of Original Sewing & Quilt Expo. Martha’s Sunday School Class from 8 – 8:45 a.m. (optional for Boutique participants only) and her presentation “Let the Sewing Party Begin!” from 9 – 10 a.m. (FREE for Boutique participants; $25 for general public).
As a part of your Boutique experience, you’ll also enjoy:
- Lunch on Tuesday
- Fun and Fancy Make-It Project sponsored by Baby Lock (Tuesday evening)
- Lunch on Wednesday
- Special closing event with Martha Pullen on Wednesday
- VIP Pass to Thursday morning’s special event with Martha Pullen at Original Sewing & Quilt Expo
- VIP General Admission 3-Day Pass to Original Sewing & Quilt Expo
- Transparent zipper tote filled with treats and things you’ll really use, including:
- Indispensable Project Pouch
- Specially curated collection of downloadable machine embroidery designs (all formats) to use at home
- Book of your choice at the Book Nook
- and more!