We are so excited to once again offer you the opportunity to become a Martha Pullen Licensed Beginning Sewing Teacher. We first offered this online teacher licensing course last spring, and so many of you reached out to say you wished you could have taken it the first time. Now you can! The class will run Feb. 23 – June 30. As many of you know, online licensing has been a dream of Martha Pullen’s for a long time, and she would like to share with you her top 10 reasons to sign up below. Heeeeere’s Martha! – Kathy
Dear Sewing Family: Before I share my top 10 reasons you might want to join our online Martha Pullen Licensed Teacher event, here are some basics to know – You will gain access on Feb. 23, 2015 when the course begins. Since several of the required projects are ones you choose, you will be creating your own supply list according to projects you choose. You will have seven required projects to make, photograph and upload to the Thought Industries site on or before June 30, 2015. The videos will be available to watch and handouts will be available to download for two years from the end of the class.
1. Forever you will be a Martha Pullen Licensed Beginning Sewing Teacher. This is a great educational credential.
2. You will have access to our licensing education team – Peggy Dilbone, Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Patty Smith and Alicia Welcher, all great teachers, and share with the other students on the Thought Industries format which is so much fun!
3. You are going to have “sew” much fun with us! Kathy, Patty, Connie, Alicia and I spent a week in Ohio taping and taping this program. We share our special “things” we share when students are in person for classes. I promise these videos really share the “whole package” of love in a classroom. We knew we could teach great videos of techniques, but I promise everything “else” we do in person is there too. I never dreamed it could happen in an online curriculum but it did! At the end of the taping week I said, “I never would have dreamed that the ‘real’ licensing experience could have been done for online, but it did.” I was almost in tears that it really happened. It has everything, not just fabulous videos teaching the “how-to’s.”
4. You will get a curriculum of over 20 fabulous projects/lesson plans – professionally written and beautifully illustrated – from purses to quilts to women’s garments to window treatments (very popular classes for young beginning sewists) to home decorating.
5. You will have access to video lessons not only on how to construct these projects, but also on how to teach these projects.
6. This licensing is reasonably priced. This is a dream of mine because many people simply could not afford to travel in person to become a Martha Pullen Licensed Teacher.
7. You can use your “stash” fabrics for these beginning sewing kits. Some have written to me saying they even have a stash of zippers if necessary! All supplies are available at a local fabric store if you do not have any on hand. (But you probably do!)
8. Many people are getting financial co-sponsorship from a dealership to help pay for the class. In return the newly licensed teacher is committing to teach for a certain amount of time at that dealership to repay.
9. You will have access to our “how-to teach sewing” videos. I share my best tips for successfully teaching sewing. This is a very important part of every licensing event we have in person. There are many skills involved in being an excellent sewing teacher.
10. You will enjoy watching our panel discussion with me, Alicia and Connie on how to build a local teaching business in local dealerships. Alicia and Connie have done this very successfully and they have shared many tips. – Martha
We also have a great schedule of live and in-person events lined up for 2015 – from School of Art Fashion Boutiques to Teacher Licensings. Click here to learn more!
We pray for the men and women serving our nation and we pray for all of you. Thank you for supporting Martha Pullen Company and being a part of our sewing family.
Much Love to You All & May God Bless,