Happy Valentine’s Day, friends! I’m so excited to announce that registration is open for our brand new Martha Pullen licensing – Heirloom and More: Essentials to Indulgences – which will be in Schaumburg, IL Oct. 12-17, 2016. You are going to love this all-new curriculum of heirloom designs, gorgeous embroideries, classic creations and wonderful in-the-hoop projects. There are 20 projects total, all ready for you to use for teaching classes, making for resale, enjoying for personal use or for giving handmade gifts.
We also just added a few extra seats to our Serger III Licensing EXPRESS at the Lakeland, FL School of Art Fashion Boutique in March. Visit our live events site to learn more and register for any of our upcoming live events. And be sure to stay tuned to our online licensing site too – we’ll be opening registration for our next online course soon!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I have a simple heart smocking tutorial to share with you from Australian Smocking & Embroidery issue #97. The base of each heart is worked with stitches that go over four pleats, rather than the usual two. This reduces the elasticity of the smocking. Use a No. 8 crewel needle and three strands of embroidery floss for the smocking:
Smocked Heart Tutorial –
1. Bring the thread to the front between pleats 1 and 2. Take the needle back through pleat 1.
2. Work half space wave to the end of the row.
3. Bring the thread to the front between pleats 1 and 2, directly beneath the first under cable. Take the needle back through pleat 1.
4. Work an over cable over pleats 1 and 2.
5. Take the needle, from right to left, through pleat 5 a full space below.
6. Pull the thread through. Work an under cable over pleats 5 and 6.
7. Take the needle, from right to left, through pleat 9.
8. Pull the thread through. Work an over cable over pleats 9 and 10.
9. Work two more waves to complete the three hearts.
Save 14 percent on your Martha Pullen Online Store order this weekend (through Feb. 14, 2016) when you use coupon code 14SWEET at checkout. Now’s a great time to stock up on anything you need for Easter projects – beautiful patterns, fabric, French lace, Swiss trims and more.
We pray for the men and women serving our nation in harm’s way, and for all of you.
Much Love to You All & May God Bless,