Course Start Date:
Due Date for 9 Projects:
March 6th, 2015
Do you have to teach if you become a Martha Pullen Licensed Teacher? No! We have many licensed teachers who never plan to teach. Some of our Martha Pullen Licensed teachers plan to teach at a later date.Of course some already have teaching jobs lined up since sewing machine dealerships are looking for serger teachers! Everyone is welcome to join our serger licensed teacher program!
If you have any questions about this course feel free to email us here!
Martha Pullen Serger 1 Licensing Includes:
- Great how-to videos on techniques and projects (remain on the site for 2 years)
- Round table discussion – class and kit pricing suggestions
- Business ideas from Martha Pullen – where to teach, advertising yourself and promoting classes. These videos will remain on the site for two years.
- A comprehensive look at sergers – how they work, threading, tensions, differential feed, and more.
- Serger basics – tying on, tying off; inside and outside curves; inside and outside corners and 1/4” seams with both 3- and 4-thread overlock.
- Over 20 project handouts for you to download and teach
- Tips on how to improve your teaching skills
- Special notions that make even the most difficult serging techniques easier
- Teaching methods for all student types
- Installing zippers with your serger
- Creating and attaching piping
- Serger piecing and quilting basics
- Additional attachments
- Plus much more!!!
- Upon completion – receive a personalized Serger I licensing graduation certificate, signed by Martha Pullen. Plus receive the Martha Pullen teacher licensing logo for your website or business card as well as a digitized version of the teacher licensing logo.
- Baby Bibs, Booties, Bonnets, Blankets
- Knit Daygown and Jacket for Baby
- Reversible Jacket – Child and Adult Sizing
- Ladies Heirloom Blouse
- Christening Gown and Slip
- Two Totes
- Several Pillows
- Pieced Quilt (Rail Fence)
- Heirloom Sampler Quilt
- Ladies Nightgown
- Serger Tassel
- Christmas Stockings
- Zippered Jewelry Keeper
- Plus – Technique and Stitch Sheets
Who should take this course:
- Sewists who want to improve serger skills
- Sewists who want to teach sewing with a serger
- Sewing teachers who are looking for a prepared, ready-to-teach curriculum
- Sewists who always wanted to become a licensed teacher but could not afford the time or money
- Sewists that want to become Serger I certified but require a flexible schedule
- Sewists that love sewing and serging in their pajamas!
- Download Licensing Agreement, Rules and Regulations
- Read, sign and upload the licensing agreement for our records
- Download and print the curriculum
- Download all patterns associated with the project handouts. Create full-size patterns by taping printed pages together in proper order
- Watch all videos
- Create, photograph and post required finished projects to the Teacher Licensing Blackboard System.
To Receive Your License:
Create, photograph and post the required projects by the designated date to the Teacher Licensing Blackboard System. Projects will be evaluated by the Martha Pullen Licensing Teaching Staff. Once your evaluation is complete, you will then receive your Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing Certificate. Remember, being certified does not mean that you are required to teach.
Required Projects and Techniques : Easy Pieces Quilt, Zippered Jewelry Keeper, Knit Baby Daygown, Quick Serger Blanket – Doll Size, Reversible Serger Jacket, Girls Bib OR Lacy Baby Booties, One Bonnet Of Your Choice, One Stocking OR Decorator Pillow, Sample Sew-outs of Beginning Serger Techniques.