We’re looking forward to seeing you at the School of Art Fashion Event! Whether you’re planning on attending the four days only, take advantage of a individual workshop class before the school begins, or both, you can count on leaving chock-full of fresh ideas, sewing techniques, completed projects and new friends.
IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION FOR JULY!
There are 2 Adult School Options for July:
1) You may choose to attend the 4 Day School of your choice to include all of the evening meals and events for $735.00.
2) You may choose to attend the 4 Day School and add on only the evening meals/event that you choose to attend. The price of the 4 Day School without evening meals included is $650.00. You will still have access to enjoy the Table Top Clinics and to Shop Teacher Selling Night if you choose this option. Additionally, you will have the option to purchase a ticket to attend the BBQ, Potato Bar and or the Banquet seperately.
Come sew with your favorite designers!
- Gail Doane, Kathy Dykstra, Lezette Thomason, Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Missy Billingsley, Pam Mahshie, Patty Smith, Alicia Welcher, Trisha Smith, Lindsay Wilkes, Debbie Homer, Joi Mahon, Donna Robertson, Gloria McKinnon & Kelly Marie Williams!
- Table Top Clinic/Potato Bar – Thursday, 6:30pm – 8:30pm (see below)
- Martha’s Seminar “You Can Make Money with Your Hobby” – Thursday, 8:30pm
- Banquet and Student Fashion Show – Friday, 6:30pm
- Bar-B-Q at the Art Museum with Martha & Dr. Joe – Saturday, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Teacher Selling Night – Saturday, 7:00pm – 9:00pm at the VBC
- Sunday School with Martha – Sunday, 7:30am (Optional)
- FREE Floriani Stabilizer Clinics & Software Clinics
- Great Daily Door Prizes
Heirloom Tabletop Clinic – Thursday, 6:30 pm.
This night is designated as Heirloom Tabletop Clinic Night and what a night it is! We use one of the large halls in the VBC and surround it with tables. At each table, there will be a wonderful demonstration of a technique and/or product. This is the night for the potato bar and what fun we have! Martha will be there to meet each and every one of you and to sign books or other items. See you there!
Student Fashion Show – Friday, 6:30 (TICKET REQUIRED)
Don’t miss the surprises and fun during this evening. We will be combining the Birthday Party and the Student Fashion Show for a night of fun. We love to see what students have created and invite you to bring one garment for the fashion show. Bring your garment to the Registration Desk in the VBC by Thursday at 9:00am. Your garment must be pressed and labeled (safety pinned inside the garment) with your name and the School you are attending. Description forms will be in the registration packet received when you register at the School and must be completed and pinned to the garment.
A few other things to know:
Please bring all necessary items with you to class. Mark them with your name in some manner. Check to be sure your machine is covered on your homeowner’s insurance or add extra insurance at the time of shipping. Martha Pullen Company, the Holiday Inn, the Embassy Suites or the Von Braun Center cannot be held responsible for your machine (see below for shipping to hotel info).
If you are enrolled in a School that requires you to bring your own sewing machine, include the instruction manual, empty bobbins and all accessories. Your machine should be clean and in good working order.
You may pre-order box lunches during the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday pre-day classes. Each box lunch is $15.
You may purchase guest tickets for the 4-day school lunches ($30), banquet meal ($45), Tabletop Clinic meal ($25) or Bar-B-Q ($20). These tickets must be purchased by July 15, 2013. Each student may purchase a maximum of two extra tickets per evening event. Tickets for meals must be presented at the door.
There will be no class substitutions for the regular school days of July 25 – 28, 2013. You must take the classes in your selected School. You cannot attend any class that is not in the School for which you are registered. Please arrive on time for class as late arrivals disrupt the entire class.
No use of cell phones in class please.
When shipping your machine, we recommend that you first place a scrap of fabric under the foot and put the foot down with the needle in the fabric. Then pack your machine in the original box, if possible. Take this box to a packing company and have it packed in Styrofoam peanuts. Insure it for the full value. This gives you extra safety.
Ship your machine directly to the hotel where you are staying:
- The Holiday Inn, 401 Williams Avenue, Huntsville, AL 35801, ATTN: Francis Albright – Hold for M.P. School
- Embassy Suites, 800 Monroe Street, Huntsville AL 35801, ATTN: B’Lisa King – Hold for M.P. School
- or to the Von Braun Center, 700 Monroe Street, Huntsville, AL 35801, ATTN: Sharon Ayers – Hold for M.P. School.
The hotel or VBC will keep your machine in storage until you claim it upon your arrival. Please do not ship the machine to arrive before July 19, 2013.
On Saturday, July 27th, The UPS Store will be available at the VBC after lunch with information and forms concerning shipping machines or other packages to your home. They will return to the VBC on Sunday, July 28th, between 1:00pm and 5:30pm to receive and ship machines and any other items. Please be aware that shipping through The UPS Store at the VBC does cost more than if you send packages at a US Postal Service office.
If you have a sewing business and would like a wholesale shopping pass, please contact Anna Rameriz at 800-547-4176 or 256-533-9586, ext. 2524. You must call ahead to get your wholesale shopping pass even if you have a current account with Martha Pullen Company. You must have a tax re-sale number and a business license to qualify for a shopping pass to the wholesale store. A form will be included in your registration confirmation.