|2014 Schedule: (Registration Open Online)|
|Serger III||April 4 – 11, 2014|
|Heirloom I||September 5 – 12, 2014|
|The Perfect Mix – Sew! Serge! Embellish! *New||October 3 – 10, 2014|
This class was introduced in 2013. It is a generic class. All brands of machines with sewing and embroidery capabilities are welcome. Licensings do not have to be taken in any particular order. Roman numerals in a licensing title merely indicate the collection of curriculum.
Learn to get the most out of your serger! The Serger III Licensing Event is a whirlwind tour of serger sewing from heirloom to whimsical to classic design.
Join nationally recognized educators Kathy McMakin, Patty Smith, Alicia Welcher, Connie Palmer, and Peggy Dilbone for an information-packed session focusing on designer-level serger techniques. You’ll take away ready-to-teach instructions for more than 30 projects that you can use as class projects in a school setting or make and resell for profit.
At the Serger III Licensing Event you will:
- Take home 20 kits plus instructions and patterns- that’s 30 projects total- copyright-free for your business or personal use.
- Serge garments for babies, children and adults in both wovens and knits and incorporate serger techniques into home décor, fashion accessories, and organization/storage projects.
- Apply serger techniques to quilts, from simple to more complex, with various serging and finishing techniques, including piecing, binding and quilting.
- Experience the magic of differential feed, 2-3-4-thread overlock, cover stitch tips and tricks and various decorative stitches.
- Discover many different uses for your serger feet and accessories, such as gathering, inserting zippers, piping, puffing, pintucks and binding.
- Learn these techniques on your own serger. Or, we can arrange for you to borrow one for classroom use.
No experience is required for the Serger III training. Sewists of all skill levels will leave with practical skills and a new appreciation for the magic of serging.
|Class Date: April 4 – April 11, 2014, Embassy Suites/Von Braun Center
|Arrive by 5:30 pm on April 4
Depart anytime the morning of April 11
|Cancellations: See Cancellation policy.
You are welcome to bring your serger or you can borrow one from us!
“I came because I did not understand the ways of a serger. I left, amazed at how much I had learned and how confident I now feel.” – Jeannie, PA
“I had no idea that you could create so many fabulous, creative items on a serger! The instruction was wonderful, and the project techniques built upon each other so by the end of the week I was extremely confident in my ability to serger, chain, or coverstitch any seam required. And as a bonus, I made some great new friends.” – Barbara Jean, HI
“I have never attended anything where I have been treated like the MPC staff has treated us this week. I learned how to use all the features of my serger. The projects were generous and fantastic. This school was well worth the money and the time.” – Ruth Ann, TN
We ask that you already know how to thread your serger. Any brand of serger is welcome in this generic licensing. You do not have to take our licensings in any order as the Roman numerals merely identify a collection of curriculum. This class is usually offered at least once each calendar year.
Heirloom I Licensing
LAST TIME! Retiring!!!
September 5-12, 2014
Embassy Suites Huntsville and Von Braun Center
Discover the secrets of heirloom sewing from the experts behind Sew Beautiful magazine. Whether you are new to sewing or have been sewing for years, this program will help you improve your skills for expert results!
Join nationally recognized educators Kathy McMakin, Patty Smith, Alicia Welcher, Connie Palmer, and Peggy Dilbone for an information-packed session focusing on designer-level heirloom sewing techniques. You’ll take 23 away projects featuring dozens of techniques that apply to any kind of sewing.
Don’t miss your last opportunity to take the Heirloom I Licensing, before the program is retired this year!
At the Heirloom 1 Licensing Event you will:
- Take home 20 kits plus 3 bonus sets of instructions and patterns- that’s 23 projects that you can use to teach classes, make items for resale or enjoy for personal use.
- Receive an exclusive embroidery CD with over 35 designs in all formats to accompany your curriculum. These designs can also be used in your classroom!
- Learn how to work with delicate fabrics and laces to create dreamy vintage-look projects: beginning to advanced heirloom techniques, piecing, shaped edges, insertions, ruffles, entredeux and more.
- Apply the techniques you learn to garments for babies, children and adults in both wovens and knits and incorporate these versatile techniques into home décor, fashion accessories, and organization/storage projects.
- Create a beautiful display quilt that secretly incorporates the many techniques you’ve learned. Sew amazing christening gowns, Communion dresses, bonnets, nighties and more!
- Discover many different uses for your specialty sewing machine feet and accessories, such as gathering, piping, puffing, pin tucks and binding.
- Experience these techniques on your own sewing machine. Or, we can arrange for you to borrow one for classroom use.
The techniques you will learn in the Heirloom I Licensing will carry over into all areas of your sewing! Reserve your spot now, to take advantage of this information-packed program and receive these limited edition patterns!