Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing
The Serger II Licensing Event is a whirlwind tour of serger sewing, with projects and techniques ranging in style from heirloom to whimsical to classic design. This is the perfect time for you to really and truly discover how to get the most out of your serger.
No previous serger experience is needed! Come as a beginner and leave as “advanced”…Come with serger experience and leave a master “serg”eon!
Join nationally recognized educators Peggy Dilbone, Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Martha Pullen and Alicia Welcher for information-packed days focused on designer-level serger techniques. You’ll take away more than 20 fantastic projects that you can use in a school setting, or make and resell for profit. Learn more and reserve your spot now!
- threading tricks,
- serger shadow work,
- serger crochet,
- coverstitch bridging,
- coverstitch tucks,
- serger lace,
- perfect bindings and plackets,
- serging knits,
- differential feed techniques,
- lace techniques,
- bridging techniques,
- gathering techniques,
- lettuce edgings,
- fusible thread techniques…
- and many, many more!
You’ll enjoy an exciting mix of projects: traditional, trendy, heirloom, quilting, baby, children, adult and home decorating are all included. Create a wonderful and diverse collection of projects on the serger, including Quilts, Christening Gowns, Heirloom Dresses, Christmas Stockings, Ladies Knit Nightgown, Child’s Jacket and Pants, Ladies Technique Jacket, Pillows, Bonnets, Bibs, Placemats, Napkins and much, much more.
Plus, you’ll take home more than 200 pages of curriculum that you own the right to reproduce for your own teaching purposes, plus a Stitch Notebook with actual stitch samples already stitched for you! All project patterns are included, and garment patterns are multi-sized.
Learn to use all kinds of extra serger feet and accessories as you become super-serger confident!
Students from all over the country come to licensing events to explore new serging skills, to add a ready-to-teach collection of projects and curriculum to their teaching business, or simply to spend quality time with others who also love sewing and serging.
In fact, many of the people who join our licensing programs have no plans to start a business, but an intense desire to gain in-depth sewing information, and take home limited edition patterns and projects.
Teacher Licensings do not have to be taken in any particular order. Roman numerals in a licensing title merely indicate the collection of curriculum, so even if you’ve not serged before, you can sign up and come with confidence to Serger II Licensing!
At the Serger II event you will:
- Take home at least 20 kits with ready-to-teach instructions and patterns.
- Jointly own the copyright for all 20 projects and patterns to use for your business or personal use after attending.
- Serge garments for babies, children and adults in both wovens and knits and incorporate serger techniques into home décor, fashion accessories, and organization/storage projects.
- Apply serger techniques to quilts, from simple to more complex, with various serging and finishing techniques, including piecing, binding and quilting.
- Experience the magic of differential feed, 2-3-4-thread overlock, cover and chain stitch, top tips and tricks and a variety of decorative stitches, too.
- Discover many different uses for your serger feet and accessories, such as gathering, inserting zippers, piping, puffing, pintucks, bridging, crochet, binding and more.
- Learn these techniques on your own serger. Or, we can arrange for you to borrow one for classroom use.
No experience is required for the Serger II training. Sewists, or should we say Serge-eons, of all skill levels will leave with practical skills and a new appreciation for the magic of serging.