Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to stitch something special for those you love. From hand-sewn Valentines to treat bags, you can make a grand statement of love with small but sentimental keepsakes. And machine embroidery can help you create those projects quickly and easily! Below we’ve gathered together some of our favorite Valentine embroidery designs to inspire you.
1. Sweet Hearts: Whimsical hearts, pretty bouquets, Valentine cookies and more are all included on this lovely machine embroidery collection. The samples shown here are stitched on mini pillows accented with bridging and ribbon — what sweet Valentine keepsakes to make for your loved ones. There are a mixture of 4×4 and 5×7 designs available in the collection.
2 & 3. Valentine Girl and Love: Look at this little sewing girl happily stitching away on her vintage sewing machine. The text reads “I’ll be ‘SEW’ happy if you’ll be mine!” Have you ever seen anything cuter? The download package also includes a version without the hearts and text for year-round use as well as this beautiful “love” design. All three designs are included in the 2016 Internet Embroidery Club – the girl designs fit 5×7 inch hoops and the love design fits 4×4.
4. Valentine Gift Bag: How cute is this little Valentine bag made by our co-workers at Creative Machine Embroidery magazine? It’s perfect for wrapping up sweets for your sweetie. You can download the free in-the-hoop “Be Mine!” design on their website.
5. Lovebird: This lovebird motif would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day card with an added personalized message. The design is included in the 2013 Internet Embroidery Club and fits 4×4 inch hoops.
6. Hearts: This month’s Internet Embroidery Club download includes two coordinating heart designs — a row of three hearts and a larger single heart. Mix and match them on table linens, tea towels, bed linens, quilts, throw pillows, bath towels and more. Both designs are included in two sizes to fit 4×4 and 5×7 inch hoops.
7. Hearts and Roses: The 2015 Internet Embroidery Club includes a great Valentine package featuring three pretty heart motifs and a flower bouquet design. Use them to create a special Valentine’s gift, or embellish them on ready-made tea towels and table linens for your home. They fit 4×4 inch hoops.
8. From the Heart Table Runner: This beautiful heirloom table runner from Creative Machine Embroidery is perfect for Valentine’s dinner for two. Designed by Kandi Christian, it features Madeira appliqué and lace-shaped hearts. Pretty heart embroidery designs are centered in the heart lace shapes. Of course, you could use any design of your choosing. Check out our free video tutorial for a lesson in creating a lace-shaped heart.
New to machine embroidery or wanting to learn more about it? Check out the video series Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery hosted by Sara Gallegos on our sister site QNNtv.com. It teaches all about using stabilizers, embroidering in the hoop and more. One of the newest episodes even gives tips for organizing your embroidery library on your computer.
We have several live events coming up in March. Join us at our School of Art Fashion Boutique and Perfect Mix Licensing EXPRESS in Lakeland, FL and/or the Original Sewing and Quilt EXPO events happening in both Lakeland and Atlanta. Registration is also open for several online courses, including the Beginning Sewing: A Teacher’s Course online licensing and a NEW Little Red Coat on-demand course with Connie Palmer.
Much Love to You All & May God Bless,