Quilts are such special, timeless projects. They make perfect gifts – whether you’re creating an heirloom quilt to celebrate a wedding or a new baby, or you’re making something comfy for a college kid’s dorm. You can cuddle with quilts, use them to adorn a bed or display them on your wall. You can make full-size quilts or small projects like quilted pillows. No matter your quilting experience and know-how, we have lots of great quilting learning resources and quilt patterns available in our online shop. And, with our Winter Frost Quilt Sale happening this weekend, you can enjoy great savings, too. Here are a few of our favorite quilted projects:
1. Martha Pullen Anniversary Quilt: This is the ultimate heirloom quilt! Designed by our Martha Pullen staff to give to Martha on the 30th anniversary of Martha Pullen Co. several years back, it features lots of techniques like lace shaping, heirloom techniques, bows, lily of the valley flowers and more. You can get the digital pattern, a video workshop and a machine embroidery download — or grab the bundle to receive all three.
2. Quilted Hearts cushion: For a smaller quilted project, sew up this pretty heart pillow from the book 11 Quick & Easy Quilting Patterns. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day — display it in your home or give it as a special gift! It’s a great design for all ages, too; anyone from 1 to 100 is sure to love this sweet pillow.
3. For Emma quilt: Have you ever made a jelly roll quilt? They are so easy to make using the fabric rolls of “quilter’s candy” known as jelly rolls. Designed by Jennifer Goldstein, this quilt is featured in the book Jelly Roll Dreams by Pat and Nicky Lintott. The secret to the design is sewing a partial seam, which is easy and creates the illusion of intricacy. Adding the appliqué to the border utilizes the remaining strips and adds a break to the design. Get the book, featuring 12 great patterns, or the stand-alone For Emma digital pattern.
4. Little Bo Peep wall quilt: The inspiration for this wall quilt came from a vintage linen child’s bib. Designer Darlene Zimmerman reproduced the pattern, adding embroidery accents and framing it with a border of flowers. At just 18 1/2″ inches square it’s the perfect size for decorating a nursery or any room in your home. The design is one of 25 small quilts included in Darlene’s book Fat Quarter Small Quilts.
5. Stars Over Alabama quilted pillow: This pillow is one of several quilted projects included in our Beginning Sewing: A Teacher’s Course online licensing. A simple star block is framed by a border of rectangles in alternating colors and corner squares. Stitch in the ditch quilting gives a quick finish to the front, and a center placket zipper provides closure to the back. A full-size quilt that coordinates with this pillow is also included in the curriculum as well as a couple more quilted projects.
Save up to 40% on quilting items in our online shop this weekend during our Winter Frost Quilt Sale. Click here to shop the sale!
Registration is open for a few of 2017’s live and in-person Martha Pullen events. I invite you to join us this March in Lakeland, FL for the School of Art Fashion Boutique and Perfect Mix Licensing EXPRESS. Or, come see us in Arlington, TX in August for the Heirloom and Beyond: Essentials to Indulgences licensing retreat.
You can also join me, Alicia Welcher, Connie Palmer, Libby Ashcraft and more at the Original Sewing & Quilt EXPO events this year! Class registration is now open for the Atlanta and Lakeland EXPO events happening in March (click on the city names to view the class listings). We hope to see you in 2017!
Much Love to You All & May God Bless,