With just a week to go until Christmas, time’s winding down to work on holiday projects. But if you’re looking for some fast and easy ideas that’ll help you finish everything on your gift list, machine embroidery is just the ticket. Below, we’ve gathered together 10 of our favorite festive machine embroidery designs from our Internet Embroidery Club as well as our online shop. Grab some ready-to-embroider items and start stitching!
1. Christian & Christmas Symbols: This machine embroidery collection includes 40 faith-based designs, including this magnificent Christmas angel. All designs fit 4×4 inch hoops.
2. Christmas Ornament: This vintage-inspired ornament is the perfect accent for any holiday project. Stitch it on a ready-made scarf, tea towels or more. The download includes full-color and redwork versions, and both fit 4×4 inch hoops.
3. Retro Christmas Stitchin’: Update your Christmas table linens with this fun and festive collection. The 12 designs fit 5×7 hoops and are perfect for stitching tablecloths, placemats, napkins, banners and more. Add ribbon embellishments for a decorative touch. These designs would also be great on small hostess gifts!
4. I Wish You a Merry Christmas: This happy design from our 2016 IEC is perfect for embroidering a gift for a friend. Embroider it on a tea towel or pillow, or display it a pretty picture frame. The design is included in both 4×4 and 5×7 hoop sizes.
5. Free-Standing Lace Snowflakes: These snowflake ornaments are an annual tradition in our Internet Embroidery Club! The 2016 designs, shown here, include designs with and without the year in both 4×4 and 5×7 hoop sizes. These ornaments are beautiful decorations for your tree and make great gifts, too.
6. Christmas Elf: This Christmas Elf from our 2013 Internet Embroidery Club is so cute. He’d be perfect stitched on a project for baby or fun Christmas pajamas. The design fits 4×4 hoops.
7. Snowman and Snowwoman: We just love this little “snow couple” from the 2012 IEC. The design fits 4×4 hoops.
8. Seasonal Swirls: This elegant swirly tree design for 5×7 hoops will suit any home decor. It’s shown here embroidered on an 8″ square piece of fabric that is stitched to a border fabric of about 4-1/2″ wide. Using spray adhesive for a smooth surface, attach the fabric square to a piece of cardboard and then secure it inside a frame (the frame pictured is 12″ square). You can omit the glass from the frame for a softer look. It’s the perfect quick gift!
9. In-the-Hoop Stocking: How cute is this mini stocking project from our 2015 IEC? It’s completely done in the hoop and requires a minimum 5×7 inch hoop. It can be used as a silverware holder, napkin holder, gift card holder or even a tree ornament.
10. Smocking in the Hoop: The Smocking in the Hoop collection from our new 2017 IEC includes this sweet candy cane motif. The design requires a 5×7 hoop and can be stitched on top of a geometric inset or on a plain fabric surface.
New to machine embroidery? Check out the new video series Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery. This show is hosted by Sara Gallegos on our sister site QNNtv.com. Episodes range from using embroidery machines to proper hooping techniques.
We’re having our biggest sale of the year in our online shop! Save up to 80% on fabric, lace and more. No promo code needed.
Want to join us for our next online licensing course? Beginning Sewing: A Teacher’s Course includes more than 30 great projects for you to make, sell or teach. And, if you enroll by 12/22 you’ll receive a special bonus: Connie Palmer’s Notions You Can’t Sew Without video download. Learn more and register here!
Much Love to You All & May God Bless,